Are personas problematic?
Springload – Level 6 space
A panel discussion
At Springload, we’ve been discussing the use of personas in our experience design discipline — and now we want to open this discussion up to everyone.
We’ve drawn together a panel of creative professionals and leaders, who each offer a unique perspective on personas and their use in the human-centred design process:
- Lauren Skogstad — Experience Director, Springload
- Sarah Beresford — Anthropologist and Design Researcher
- Ruth Brown — UX Leader and Researcher, Trade Me
- Miriame Barbarich — Co-Creator at ĀPŌPŌ Indigenous CreativeTech Programme & Hub, and Co-Founder of Indigenous Design and Innovation Aotearoa
Chaired by Lucy McMaster — Experience Designer, Springload. Join our chat with these creative professionals to delve deeper into this divisive topic.
Who’s it for?
Humans who use personas in their role, whether a UX designer, design researcher, product owner or student.
The Mindset Shift
You will gain insights around:
- What personas mean to different professionals within the context of human-centered design
- When and why we use personas
- How we frame up a persona and how we are at risk of introducing unconscious bias
- What unvalidated and validated personas look like
1 hour 30
Event hosted by